For new players to Istaria, the tutorial process is made up of a tutorial island (spirit Isle for bipeds or skalkaar for Dragons) and then a training island.
If a player leaves the tutorial or training island, they can return at any time via a teleporter
You can skip the tutorials if you wish to, however it is recommended that you complete them before progressing into the main world as it teachs the basics of using the GUI and gives you some basic equipment/formulas..
Introduces biped (non-dragon) players to the basic adventure and craft schools and provides quests that help a player learn how to use the interface and how basic adventuring and crafting works.
This tutorial is a walk through of adventuring as a Warrior (for melee) and as a Mage (for magic).
For crafting the guide covers the Blacksmith crafting school.
Introduces Dragons to the basic adventure and craft school and provides quests that help a player learn how to play as a Dragon.
This tutorial is a walk through of adventuring as a Dragon and crafting as a Dragon character.
After either the Spirit Isle or Skalkaar, a player is directed to New Trismus. This Island provides a lot more content and is designed for levels 1 to 10+. There are plenty of additional quests and NPC trainers.
You will most likely meet many members of the player community (high level and low level) as many people like to visit New Trismus.
Also covered in the New Trismus guide;
- Using a consigner (selling and buying items)
- Using a pawnbroker (pawning items for coin)
- Player vault storage
- Selling junk loot items to the Oddities broker
- How to create a group and setup a group chat tab
- How to join a player guild and setup a guild chat tab
- Where to go to upgrade your equipment
- How to customise (technique) crafted items or equipment
- What happens when you die (death points and death penalty)